Withdrawal-induced anxiety: quick tips
- Reassure yourself that anxiety is one of the most common experiences in psychiatric drug withdrawal, and that the more you practice accepting it—however difficult and uncomfortable it may be to feel—the easier you may find you’ll be able to coexist with this withdrawal symptom until it subsides.
- Mindfulness exercises have been found to be useful.
- Grounding techniques can be helpful in managing anxiety.
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) is reported to be effective in coping with anxiety.
- Practicing a breathing technique is reported to help in calming the nervous system.
- Some people report practicing meditation over a period of time can provide a sense of calm that may help to manage the anxiety.