Sample Implementation: Counting and Cutting Beads
1. Set out all of the gear in a quiet, clean, dry area with ample space to work.
Different sample methods for counting beads, sent to us by two friends.
2. Open the capsule, pour out the beads and count and remove the number of beads to be cut.
3. After removing the cut, transfer the remaining beads into the old capsule(s) or a new one(s).
4. Take the capsule(s) as appropriate.
A sample tracking system for bead-counting sent to us from one of our friends.
5. If repeating with other capsules and storing them, place the capsules into a pill organizer or a pill bottle that is labeled to identify the number of beads in each capsule, the number of beads cut, the original dosage in mg of the capsule, the manufacturer’s name, and the expiration date on the bottle. Never mix together beads from different manufacturers or dosages. Store appropriately based on pharmacist recommendations.
6. Record the relevant information in the taper journal.
7. Clear the implements as appropriate, allow to dry thoroughly, and put away.
In this section
- Step 10- Get Informed About Your Psychiatric Drug
- Step 11- Ensuring that a Drug is Relatively ‘Taper-friendly’
- Step 12- Interactions, Reactions and Sensitivities
- Step 13- Taper Rates
- Step 14- Taper Schedules
- Step 15- Taper Methods
- Step 16- Preparatory Decisions
- Step 17- Gather the Gear
- Step 18- Essential Skills
- Step 19- Setting Up a Taper Journal
Step 20- Implementing a Taper
- Sample Implementation: Making and Cutting a Liquid Mixture
- Sample Implementation: Using a Digital Scale to Weigh and Cut Powder or Beads
- Sample Implementation: Counting and Cutting Beads
- Sample Implementation: Using a Compounding Pharmacy
- Sample Implementation: Making Cuts from a Manufacturer’s Oral Liquid