Preparing to Come off Psych Drugs: A 10-week workshop to help you get ready for withdrawal from antidepressants, benzodiazepines and other psychiatric medications
Beginning March 26th in West Hartford, Connecticut, USA
Are you taking one or more psychiatric drugs that you have decided you want to withdraw from, or are thinking about possibly withdrawing from? Have you already started to come off medication but are finding the process to be more challenging than you thought it would be? If you want to get better informed, centered, supported and prepared before you forge ahead, this workshop is for you.
Over the course of ten weekly 90-minute in-person workshop gatherings, you’ll learn valuable steps that you can take to help get yourself optimally situated for a smoother, more sustainable psychiatric drug taper. You will explore your relationship to psychiatric drugs, develop strategies to optimize your support systems and prescriber relationships, troubleshoot common stressors and challenges, and much more. Through readings, journaling, discussion, meditation, and reflection, you’ll leave each week feeling increasingly rooted in yourself and ready for the road ahead. You’ll also be connecting regularly with others on the same journey as we collectively create space to share our personal experiences and perspectives and build connections and support systems that can last beyond the confines of the workshop.
Tuesdays from 5:30-7PM, beginning March 26th and ending with our final gathering on Jun 4th, 2019. (There is no session on April 9th due to the local school holiday.)
74 Park Road
West Hartford, CT 06119
Free. All workshop costs will be covered by Inner Compass Initiative.
Note: The workshop is based on Part 1 of The Withdrawal Project’s Companion Guide to Psychiatric Drug Withdrawal. During the course, we will be regularly asking for feedback from participants to help us improve this online self-guided manual.
- You must preregister in order to attend.
- You must be currently taking psychiatric drugs.
- A commitment to attend all ten sessions is required.
- The maximum number of participants is 8, so register early and please notify us immediately if your circumstances change and you cannot attend.
- Note that this workshop is focused on preparing for a taper, and does not cover specifics about implementing taper schedules, taper methods and other information included in Part 2 of TWP’s Companion Guide.