Withdrawal-induced burning pain: quick tips
- Reassure yourself that these experiences are typical of psychiatric drug withdrawal, and that the more you practice accepting them—however frightening and uncomfortable they may be to feel— the easier you’ll find you can coexist with these symptoms until they subside.
- Some individuals report a cool bath, cool pad, or ice pad can provide temporary relief. However, others find water at any temperature can have an intensifying effect.
- Some people have found that Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction has been a helpful practice allowing them to stay present with themselves in the midst of some of the worst pain.
- People report grounding techniques can be effective in dealing with high anxiety that may arise due to the pain.
- A mindfulness approach can be effecting in coping.