Withdrawal-induced adrenaline surges: quick tips
- Reassure yourself that these experiences are typical of psychiatric drug withdrawal, and that the more you practice accepting them—however frightening and uncomfortable they may be to feel— the easier you’ll find you can coexist with these symptoms until they subside.
- Grounding techniques are reported to help with feelings of high anxiety.
- Taking long, deep breaths to help calm the nervous system is reported to be effective.
- Mindfulness exercises have also been reported to be useful.
- Some people find that keeping sugar levels in their blood more consistent by eating small, evenly spaced meals every 3-4 hours (that include protein) can be helpful.